4.12.2010

san diego adventures and my mama's birthday part 3

Last part! And the best: brunch. I love, love, love breakfast food, so it's really a shame that I have to watch my cholesterol. The eggs! The fried potatoes! Hollandaise sauce! English muffins! Sugary, cinnamon french toast with maple syrup! Of course, now I content myself with nonfat plain yogurt and granola from Berkeley Bowl--not that it's a bad thing! I love yogurt.


Anyhow, enough of that, when on vacation, you must splurge. Right? N and I had looked up a promising brunch spot in La Jolla, a district a little north of San Diego, called The Cottage. We knew we made a good choice when we arrived--the line was insane. But not to worry, we didn't wait for too long. (Doesn't it look cute?)



I could wax on and on about the toastiness of the muffins, the silky texture of the Hollandaise, the creamy avocado contrasted with the soft omelette...but pictures speak louder than words.

The only downer in our experience was that I ordered a muffin that never came. It worked out for the best though; we definitely had too much food.

The Cottage
7702 Fay Ave.
La Jolla, CA 92037

No comments: