11.20.2010

wally's cafe

N's previous post really resonates with me. Even now, having graduated, I still cook up shenanigans like that. Yes, we are that cool.

But this post I wanted to highlight a local hole-in-the-wall: Wally's Cafe. I don't think there's any way I could've found this place without yelp. It's that obscure. They're behind this pool hall/club thing, tucked away in an alley. A U-shaped bar stool eating area frames the kitchen where you watch the two chefs make your food. If you're lucky, Wally will be there. With free lentil soup. And free baklava. Need I say more? Well, even if Wally's not there you get free lentil soup and baklava. BAKLAVA! (It's just fun to say.)

This is their chicken pomegranate dish. My fav!



Wally's Cafe
3900 San Pablo Ave
(at Yerba Buena Ave)
Emeryville, CA 94608

No comments: