I made this for CORE for our breakfast meeting, and I hope they liked it! At least, they said they did.
- French baguette
- Preheat the oven to 350. Cut up slices of the French baguette.
- Break an egg into an oven safe ramekin (or however many eggs and ramekins you have, but 1 egg per ramekin! You don't want sky-high levels of cholesterol do you?).
- Saute the shallots and mushrooms until desired softness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat and add milk slowly.
- When the milk is heated, pour mixture over the eggs. Be careful to not break the yolk!
- Put ramekins in the oven. Let it bake until the whites are set, but the yolk is not cooked.
- Toast the slices of baguette. Serve with the ramekins!
I dip the bread in the milk mixture first to taste, then I break the yolk with the bread. There's something magical about runny yolk with toasted bread. Mmm. Do try this method of cooking eggs! So easy.